lien_tran80

First floor extension with new small window next to neighbour

Evie D
last year

I’m planning to apply for our extension with the first floor be going out by 2.5m (set back from boundary by 1m and as the middle of neighbour’s window is 1.5m from our house so regarding to 45 degree rule, the maximum I could extend is 2.5m to the back)

The problem here is as you could see on the after picture, I would need to replace old window of second bedroom with a new small window right next to boundary as there would be no window for that room after extension (only place left to let the light in), will it be declined by council and will it affect our neighbour if they want to extend in the future? (As with 45 degree rule, the centre of our new window will be too close to there house - only 50cm so if they also extend the same with us, this window will be covered over 45 degree?!) or council will calculate 45 degree from old window? Thank you!

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.