tatutulip2006

1930s loft conversion

Melody
9 months ago

Just wondering if anyone can help.
Our architect made our hip to gable with a dormer conversion quite small and we would like to know why 🤷🏻‍♀️. There’s a big gap between the chimney breast and wall (top left corner) which makes our dormer space quite narrow and a bit useless.

Also I’d like to know how people feel about sleeping under the velux. I’ve heard they can be very noisy when it rains.

A lot of people also seems to be using the velux part of the conversion as a dressing/walking wardrobe area but in our case it would be impossible to fit a bed on the other side with the current drawing.

We had some builders round to have a look and they said they don’t follow the drawing dot to dot. Is that true? Would we have any problem if for example the builders push that wall back near the chimney or everything has to be exactly as the drawing?

We’re just so unsure about the design! We’ve waiting so long to have it done and now that we’re in a position to do it we are a bit stuck!

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.