janet_rayner34

Jazmine nightshade.

Janet Rayner
8 months ago

The plant looks healthy, lots of flowers, gets lots of sun but leaves are green and dropping

Comments (6)

• Sonia
    8 months ago

I’m not familiar with that plant. Is it a houseplant or garden plant. Can you share a picture?

• Janet Rayner
    Original Author
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

It is also called potato vine, sorry don't have a photo sorry found one

• Jonathan
    8 months ago

Our blistering sunshine in May and April showers now have plants confused. Some plants in my garden think it’s autumn so I wouldn’t worry. The only extra thing you can do is protect it’s shallow roots from getting dried out by mulching or using wood chippings

• Janet Rayner
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Thanks for the advice.

Regards Janet

• Sonia
    8 months ago

That’s a Solanum. I used to have one until it grew into a 10’ wide monster and it had to go! From what I remember they are evergreen. Evergreens don’t lose their leaves in autumn like most plants, but shed them throughout the year. Have a look at the Royal Horticultural Societies website which may help, www.rhs.org.uk

• Janet Rayner
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Thanks

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.