webuser_66382982045

Help with this floorplan in Africa

Y. O.
3 months ago

Hello, I am new to this site (and new to anything construction) so thank you in advance for your time and patience with me!

My Mum is 70+ year old and my dream has always been to move her out of her public rental apartment to her own home (I am her only child). To do so in my home country (Cameroon), you generally build from scratch. Since she is living by herself (I live overseas) I wanted to build something where she lives on the ground floor and I rent the first floor so that she has neighbors she can interacts with (she is a social butterfly).

I was given a draft floorplan but I am not totally satisfied with it but not sure how to improve it either. Wondering if you guys can help me improve it: smart on space usage, on flow, an open plan that is not really one (not the most trending thing back in my country because the food can be smelly so the kitchen needs to be tucked away). the plan is a 4 bedroom home on 200sqm

Pls take a look and give me some proposals. Thanks again

Ground floor plan

First floor plan

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.