anita_bey

Bungalow remodel

Anita Beynon
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

We are looking to purchase extended bungalow in South Wales, which requires full renovation and remodeling. We are hoping to do attic conversion as there is enough head height to accommodate at least 2 bedrooms. The bungalow was extended at some point but the layout needs improving and we need to find the best place to put stairs in. We may have to do this renovation in stages due to available finances, but I want to make sure we start from the right end of the stick. We are pretty hands on and will definitely do some work ourselves, however some parts would need to be done by the professionals. I am looking for an advice where to start, where we can save, shall I contact architect or structural engineer first. Shall we do the attic first and do Renovation downstairs ourselves to save money. Any advise much appreciated. photos and floorplan in the comments section.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.