gooliegoo2

Lead paint scraping while pregnant

Goolie Goo
last month

Hi all, currently 2 months pregnant and mid renovation. Feeling so stupid as i have slowly been scaping paint slowly off the banister with a Stanley knife and no mask nor gloves. The paint chips have been left on the floor as we're also wallpaper stripping so no doubt trodden all over house. The banister is now half done and I've realised its all lead paint. What can I do to finish it safely other than mask and gloves? How worried should I be about exposure? There's also a wood frame around the pantry cupboard that has chipped and not sure how to fix that either.

Comments (2)

• mii2
    last month

Goodie, you are 100% OK. You have not been sanding creating an airborne haze to inhale and any minor intake will be equivalent to a walk in rush hour along a congested road. Take it easy on yourself, buy the necessary safety equipment and tackle what you feel you are able to do safely. A good hoover and a wipe down with a damp cloth to pick up small pieces of chipped paint. These pieces will have been too large to inhale at the time.

Goolie Goo thanked mii2
  • Isla Cherry
    last month

Don't stress out, we've all done similar things! mil2's advice is excellent. You will know for next time.

Goolie Goo thanked Isla Cherry
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.