webuser_168302697

Dealing with a Scam involving the Laterem Group and Niall Connolly

HU-168302697
last month

Dear forum members,

I find myself in a challenging situation and seek your advice on dealing with a group of individuals who have misled and scammed me in a construction project. The names involved are Niall Connolly, Laura Walker, Abdallah Jaddou, Steve Chase, Ioannis Kyros, and Ollie Chase. I entrusted them with my money, only to discover later that they showcased fake reviews and images. Shockingly, these images were traced back to another trader's Instagram page.

To make matters worse, the promised materials were never supplied, and they left the site without completing the contracted work. What's even more alarming is their deceptive claims regarding relationships with subcontractors, and they went as far as leaving an inexperienced 17-year-old unsupervised on site. This situation has left me frustrated and out of pocket.

In the interest of transparency and to protect fellow forum members, I feel compelled to share their known aliases: Laterem Group, NP3 Group, Laterem Eco Services, Dolmen Consulting, Comhar Group, BA Building Services. These individuals have a track record of misappropriating clients' funds, neglecting worker payments, and displaying a complete lack of commitment to fulfilling their contractual obligations.

For those seeking additional insight, I recommend checking their reviews on Trustpilot. A quick Google search for "Laterem Group reviews" should provide a clearer picture of their dubious practices. I appreciate any advice or guidance on how to navigate this unfortunate situation and prevent others from falling victim to these unscrupulous individuals.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Comments (5)

• Sonia
    last month

I assume they asked for payment or part payment before the job was finished? I think the only thing you can do is report them to Trading Standards, although I did not have much joy with them when trying to report a company selling poor quality good that didn’t match the website. Another thing you could try is make a claim for your monies in a small claims court. I hope you get some or all of your money back.

HU-168302697 thanked Sonia
  • Sonia
    last month

Just had a Quick Look on Trustpilot and all the reviews were 1* bar one. This might be one for Watchdog on BBC1. Atrocious.

HU-168302697 thanked Sonia
  • Jonathan
    last month

Your review is a little vague. What did you contract them to do? Did you fork out thousands for an extension and are left with nothing or is it the case that you you have said extension but are unhappy that there is an unpainted soffit and rubbish in your garage? Please be clear about what you are unhappy about otherwise your review can be disregarded as a personal attack

HU-168302697 thanked Jonathan
  • HU-168302697
    Original Author
    last month
    last modified: last month

Hi,

I am seeking help on how to best recover my money and how to best approach the situation. I lost over £100,000 and they have done very little and very dangerous works that need to be demolished. I sought legal advice and was advised against taking them to court as they have a history of phoenix companies - going bankrupt and starting afresh with new companies to avoid paying their liabilities. I reported them to CAB. Any advice on what else can be done? I paid 50% by bank transfer and 50% by cash.

• HU-168302697
    Original Author
    last month

I also want to warn others as when i asked for a refund i was told that the company was no longer trading but on company house it says otherwise so i am sure they are still out there trying to find the next victim of their scam

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.