hawxbyl

design advice for garden BBQ/kitchen area

hawxbyl
last month

Hello, I wonder if anyone might be able to help solve my design issues? I have been looking at this space for weeks now and going round in circles in the design…so I was wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts or ideas?

We are planning to remove the green garden shed, and I have visions of creating a BBQ / kitchen area. However there are some complexities…

• the shed is currently up against a terrace wall (50cm high and to the left of the shed in the picture) so I was thinking to build a bar height counter that could be used standing in the low side and seated normally from the terrace side…then put the grill up against the garden fence (at the back of the garden shed in the picture).

• however, the distance from the BBQ to the box window would be less than 200cm…is that a fire safety issue? Do I need to brick up the garden wall or can the grill go up alongside the garden fence? (obviously not touching)

• we would also like to install a pleached tree which would sit in the middle of the fence that is behind the shed…exactly where the BBQ needs to go. What does anyone think, can I have the pleached tree, then the BBQ?

Please have a look at my idea sketch…any improvements?

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.