crystal_vogt

tree debris deflector needed

Crystal Vogt
7 years ago

Hello,

I'd like a shelter of some sort built from the back deck/corner of the wall and have it extend all the way over the stair well, and possibly have a screen door installed at the top of the stairwell to help deflect debris. However, I'm a horrible designer and there are so many nice ways and nice material to do this with I'm sure.

I'm thinking, lattice walls with window screen on the interior to deflect debris and copper colored metal roof that goes as a 45 degree angle to allow downfall. The shed currently there will be relocated and a gate can be installed to allow bikes and other items to be stored.

Except, I can't have locked gate on it...the utility meter reader is there and must be accessible or at least visible to the utility company workers and I don't want to block the view of the window from downstairs....

Thoughts?

Other relevant but not as important info:

I have a sump pump at the base of the stairs. HOWEVER, tree debris is constantly junking up the stairwell and around the drain. Besides the sump pump needing to be replaced due to age, the debris (over time) has junked up the system. In addition, while, yes, the HVAC is cosmetically old and decrepit looking, it's still functional. Tree debris also gets into that system, as does rain and snow. So, I'd like to preserve it until I have to replace it and, once replaced, preserve by protecting the next one.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.