jessicawhiteley84

Our first home! But how on earth to decorate the living room?

J W
9 years ago
Hi all, my boyfriend and I have finally got onto the property ladder! It's so exciting but also a little daunting... What if I make it look terrible!?

I would love to hear your thoughts on how we could decorate our living room, pictured here. Please ignore all the boxes and rubbish, still early days! I love grey tones paired with brights so I'm thinking of adding some colour pop cushions and maybe a shelf with framed artwork pulling out key colours.. We also have a big Broadway star lamp (you can see in the 2nd pic.. Pls ignore scary Eastenders character on TV!) which I'd like to place on the wall in the right hand corner of the room above the sofa.. Will it go ok?

Completely lost on curtains/ blinds conundrum.. Coloured? Plain? How does it work with the corner?..

On the wall where the TV is we need some pretty big bookshelves...

All suggestions welcome and very much appreciated!

Oh and ideally I'd like to avoid doing any painting for now.. As long as my living room has a cool, fun, light and airy feel (whilst still being a nice spot to cosy up) I'd be happy for now!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.