jordanlorsung

Landscape Order of Operations Question

Jay L
5 years ago

Hi!

We are hoping to get our front yard minimally landscaped (add in succulents, clean up some of the cactus, replace areas of thin rock coverage, new paver outlines) and our back yard significantly landscaped (it's currently an empty lot - minus a clothes line, one cypress, and an unused brick barbecue). We live in Arizona so it'll be Southwest and drought friendly landscaping.

We have 5 trees around our property that need significant help - lots of trimming, removing of deadwood, and one large bush needs to be removed completely.

We got a bid on trimming/removing the trees and bushes that need help and it seems reasonable. However, we don't know if doing this and then hiring someone else for the landscaping makes sense or is the best way to go about it. We are kind of working on the assumption that it'll be cheaper to hire the tree people separately as any designer would likely outsource and cost a little more.

We have an idea of what we'd like the new landscape design to be, but not fully fleshed out. Thinking we might need a designer to help. Which is why we are thinking of getting the trees at least in acceptable condition before we even begin to move forward.

What do you think, is that a good plan? Or should we look into a designer who will then just do everything?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.