webuser_31018627

Integrated dishwasher too deep for cabinets?

We are designing our kitchen with Howdens cabinets, with a depth of 575mm (and a height of 720mm for the cabinets, 150mm plinths, 30mm counter tops, 900mm overall height to top of counter).

I found a few integrated dishwashers I liked but am confused by the measurements for them.

The one I particularly like has a depth of 550mm, however I understand I need a 70mm gap for hosing behind the unit. That would put me at an overall depth of 620mm. However, the Howdens cabinets I was intending to place as close flush to the wall as possible. This is because they have a built in service gap of 72m on each unit.

I don't see much point in having an integrated dishwasher if it's going to have to stick out further than the cabinets it sits alongside. What do I do? Bring the cabinets forward to meet it? I can't seem to find a dishwasher that has a smaller depth enough for it to have the correct service gap but also only come 575mm out from the wall to meet the cabinets.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.