0xonian

All red for a NE-facing small library/living room?

6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

I'm seeking opinions/advice on whether or not to paint everything (walls, shelving & possibly ceiling) in my NE-facing living room/library a bold red (F&B 'Incarnadine Red' or Little Greene 'Baked Cherry' are current favourites).

The room is 12' x 10' (10'x10' once bookshelves are fitted) with a 7'8 ceiling. The cottage is a 2-up 2-down Georgian period and the room opens onto another room (dining room, which I'm considering painting blue in a similar scheme).

I've read that when working limited natural light, to go with it and go bold, and I like the idea of a cosy cocooning room that will set off art and objets d'art on the shelves, however I'm worried it may be de trop, especially when contrasted with the adjoining blue room.

I'd welcome opinions form experienced decorators.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.