jeanned959

Scalability

jeanned959
9 years ago
These two 36x46" pictures in our family room hang with their midpoint about 57" from the floor. I think they are too large for the area, but my friends say they are fine. I would appreciate your open & honest opinion, you won't hurt me feelings :-) Thanks!

Comments (12)

• User
    9 years ago
    The pictures per se are not the problem. It's the positioning of the large TV screen between then that's troubling. Remove them both and see if they can go on another wall or move the TV. More photos of the room will help to give further suggestions.
    jeanned959 thanked User
  • PRO
    D John Design
    9 years ago
    It looks too crowded with the TV. If possible move them further away from tv centered in the space between TV and wall.
  • Vincent Tran
    9 years ago
    Maybe if you raised both the pictures about 3"-4" then it would actually look okay :)
  • User
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    It's the TV, not the pictures. It's a giant black mass in the middle of light and medium tones. It needs the use of black elsewhere in the room, a different colored console, and potentially a different location where it isn't so dominant.
  • jeanned959
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Wow, Thanks! Now that you mentioned it, the black console & big TV do look like a big dark blob in the photo and I did take down the big pictures today, but this the largest of the 2 walls that we have available for the TV. Paint is my other option and easier for me to contend with. I can paint the walls a different color or chalk paint the console?? Thanks again for your input!
  • PRO
    Greenstone Design UK Ltd
    9 years ago
    I agree with Sophie. If you balance the black elsewhere in the room the TV and console unit may work, but probably still not with the pictures. Go with your gut instinct - you felt there was a problem so play with options until it feels right for you - you have to live there, not your friends :-)
  • bgfuqua
    9 years ago
    do you have other black in the room? if not, paint the console.
  • Nicole
    9 years ago
    Yes too large, perhaps just place the sconces there.
  • blrussell
    9 years ago
    Or....remove sconces, center and raise the pictures. I don't think the pictures are too big...but the wall looks crowded.
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    9 years ago
    I recommend relocating them, there is TOO MUCH on that wall. The TV and sconces are more than enough.
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    9 years ago
    Perhaps a chinese painted folding screen in front of the TV, which could be mounted on the wall.
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.