swisshaus

Freshening up 'baby blue' bathroom in new house

swissdixie
9 years ago
Hi again Houzz community,

For anyone a bit bored or wanting to have an opinion :)
This is potentially our new master bathroom (which is a big luxury in Switzerland). As we will not be able to update it for a while (broke new homeowners) , I am looking for workable changes we can make (feel the paint brush coming out again...) and this one is less clear.

Of PARTICULAR interest, note the ever so lovely wildflower tile pattern all over the walls (sadly someone spent a long time getting the tiles just perfect and cemented in place), the baby blue colour to match, the saloon swinging doors (I'm tempted to leave those!) and the general, umm, 1970s feel? The toilet is white and, in a bid to be fancy, it is a bidet/toilet (um, so it will spray and dry your posterior on command; only in Europe!). There is also underfloor heating (hot water driven) so STRUCTURALLY everything is pretty nice. Just what were they thinking on the decor???

Strange loos aside, any ideas for a paint job on cabinets? I plan on updating the hardware as well and possibly the sink faucet. I thought about mirroring the area around the tub to expand the space (again, sorry for the bad photos but there is a window giving light to the room next to the tub). Can you paint tile in a bathroom? The internet suggests it's not a great idea....

Be prepared, the best is yet to come! The second bathroom is 'for the children' and it has a psychedelic snake/worm pattern and geometric tile borders (again, permanent tile) in a pattern to make a 1980s dad or Zach Morris pleased! I've attached them for a laugh. I'm pretty sure that the previous owners had a bulk discount on the blue floor tile as it is in every bathroom...

Thanks for any thoughts and I'll post the 'after' photos once we finish :)

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.