citizenerased

Fitting living and dining area into awkward, small space

Zach W
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi there

I've not long bought a house and have recently/ finally got around to having floors fitted (after ridiculous amount of deliberating). That means it's now time for me to decide on a layout for the room, but right now I'm split between several different options.

The house is modest size and has 1 main space for living and dining, which measures around 3.8m x 5m. The awkward bits are 2 fold: the patio doors at the back, and the stairs. These mean that the only workable corner is at the top-left. More details of the layout can be seen in the floor plans attached. The photos. are taken from the entrance to the room, which is at the end of a 3m entrance.

I'm hoping to incorporate both a living and dining room into the area, but am open to innovative designs that are a bit less traditional ie. any suggestions at all. The 2 certainly don't need to be independent. Just a few of the ideas are shown in the floor plans. Actually pictures are also attached (although the better angles were taken pre-flooring). The futon is very much temporary/ to be removed soon.

I'm after a modern, clean; "minimal" design. I'm definitely open to having the TV on the wall and have considered both going with a sofa and having a corner one. I'll basically consider anything.

Any comments will be very gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Zach

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.