robertandrews

Help needed for home office!

robertandrews
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Help! We moved in to our Victorian terraced, three-bedroom home in summer 2013. Since then, bedroom three (upstairs) has been a dumping ground when it should have been a home office.
I have pared back on boxes etc, painted the magnolia walls white, now everything is tidy. But I am sorely uninspired and confused about how to make this room brilliant and energising.

Dimensions are 2.21m x 4.25m. Not a huge space. The view out the window is not good - mostly of the neighbouring property.
There are gadget boxes, photo boxes and documents to store away.
I have floorboards, in fairly poor quality.
I have bought an Ikea Brakig desktop and Lerberg trestle legs for desk, if only temporary.

I have enjoyed looking at loads of Houzz home office pics ( http://www.houzz.co.uk/ideabooks/1863919/thumbs/loffice), and this week am mostly enjoying the really deep dark grey walls, or maybe a blackboard wall, though am not too sure how this would look in the space. Have toyed with idea of Eames dining chair for the desk.
Beside specific items, really haven't hit on even a layout that is inspiring me yet. Fear of getting the ball rolling at this point - hence the low-cost desk may end up being temporary. Perfect the enemy of good?

Stumped. Help!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.