manda3

What is wrong with my Bromeliad Pups?

manda3
15 years ago

I've had a guzmania bromeliad for over a year now. I've cut off the dying flower and it has produced several pups. Almost fifteen. I seperated the first batch and potted them up.

They did well for awhile but the third leaf set inward broke near the base while still wrapped up and choked all the new growth so that it wrinkled and basically never opened up any more than that.

I figured I separated them from mom too soon so I let all the new pups stay on the plant. But they're the same size as the first batch was and they're doing the same exact thing. They're wrinkling up and choking the inner growth. I opened the outer leaves and saw that the third to fifth leaf set in were cut off close to the base.

I've got five more babies shooting out of momma and I don't want them failing like all the others. What am I doing wrong?

I meant to bring some home to take pictures of them, but I left them at work. If you need to see em' I can upload them saturday.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.