david_cary_gw

Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?

david_cary
14 years ago

We have been living in our new house for about 8 months. I redid a kitchen 3 years ago before the DW decided we had to move.

We had done a DIY Kitchencraft kitchen - we used the defunct buycabinets.com. It was a large kitchen with maple cabs, some painted, some stained.

Flash forward to the build. I couldn't imagine living without frameless cabs. I wanted everything to be at least equal to my remodel. The new kitchen was bigger but perhaps less uppers - maybe the same.

Basic design specs (for both kitchens) - maple, crown/light rail, end panels everywhere, full extension/soft close, drawers in everybase except 1, glazed, appliance panels.

Differences - New was not raised panel, old had the large flip out pantry (in the end - not really convenient)

Cost - $17k for KC in 2006, $17k for executive (in bigger kitchen) in 2009. (vs a $26k for KC)

Advantages of executive - plywood sides, much higher sides on the tall drawers, better garbage pullout.

What is my point? - Executive is a small manufacturer out of SC that makes a great frameless cab for far less than Kitchencraft. You don't hear much about them but I am a very satisfied customer. I was a frequent poster back with the DIY remodel so hopefully I don't look like a spammer.

Random lessons - refrigerator drawers were not worth the money (hard to open), we didn't use the Advantium 240 so it was a basic microwave this time, we had a stainless gas cooktop that showed every spec - the Wolf's dark is much more forgiving, a counter depth basic width fridge is too small.

Silgranite and Ladylux rock and were repeated. 2 bin garbage pullout repeated. Dishwasher drawers repeated - the Kitchenaid this time, vs F&P last time. I miss the F&P sometimes but the new ones are much quieter. The service reps on both don't know their .....

I can't believe we planned 2 kitchens in such a short period but we actually made money on the house we remodeled so it all worked out.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.