amanda_robinson5434

Need to help to re-design/redecorate bedroom

Amanda Robinson
9 years ago
Hi all, I'm looking for some inspiration and ideas to redesign and decorate my spare bedroom. Typically this is a lodgers room, so I don't want to spend too much money, but id like to paint it and make it look more 'pulled together'.

There is an alcove which is quite deep that I need ideas for - maybe build something in or paint the walls differently or put up floating shelves?

Also the ceiling is really high so I was thinking of coving and then maybe a picture rail and painting a different colour down from the picture rail? I have painted furniture before with good effects, and contemplated painting it all white with chalk paint, but then again that's a lot of work so will possibly just keep the mahogany. Colour schemes I quite like are really soft greens, teal, turquoise, soft greys or maybe a combination or something from the pink palette? I don't like flowery wall paper but would possibly wall paper one wall?

All opinions and comments are very much encouraged and appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.