mykindofhome

Help with living room furniture layout please

Diana Wright
9 years ago
Blank canvas. My living room is 20.4ft(6.2 m) x 12.2ft (3.7m) but has 3 entrances. The first is the entrance from the hall, then there is a large archway connecting the living room to the dining room. The third is the French door to the patio/back garden. Im buying furniture and would like seating for 6 min, I would appreciate advice on the following:

1. Plan A: buy 3 seater + 2 seater sofa + 2 armchairs. If I place the 3 seater before the French door and put the 2 seater at the opposite. Then put 2 arm chairs before the arch. This means the 3 sweaters would block the garden view.

2. Plan B: buy 2 x 2 seater sofa and place them opposite each other in front of the fire place. Put the 2 arm chairs before the arch.

Any other advice are very welcome. Thank you.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.