swisshaus

Where to buy hooks/bracket to hang a rowing oar on wall?

swissdixie
9 years ago
Hi all,

I have no updates on our little house project apart from 'honey, I costed everything; um, it'll be expensive'.

So starting with little projects until other half recovers from his swoon. We have his university full Macon boat club rowing oar (giant long wooden traditional oar). I am looking for a bracket or mounting device to put it on our wall. I would ideally like to find something cool and wrought iron or slightly antique / nautical feeling (black iron chain, rope element, varnished wood)

At the moment I am thinking simple and straight across our wall. So it doesn't need to be an engineering marvel. I will settle for the proper sized curtain tie-back hooks or something!

Anyone have any ideas / thoughts / tips? Ideally would want to only source from as far as UK or Europe (US is just really expensive). THANK YOU!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.