hamish_austin

Natural ventilation in skillion roof!

Hamish Austin
9 years ago
Hey all, I need help deciding how to create a natural cross flow ventilation in a storage shed set in a coastal environment, I am planning on having the skillion sloping down towards the back of the shed, I need to keep a constant temperature within the shed, and was thinking a gap between my foundation walls made from concrete blocks and the zincalume roof at the top and bottom parts of the slope, the only problem is that I need it to be fairly weather proof seeing as it's right near a beach and that harsh coastal environment...any suggestions...il attach a rough drawing to clear some things up, hope it makes sense! Thanks!

The image attached is a very quick, rough drawing of the basic concept, I am wanting to capture the on shore coastal breeze through the structure naturally, is this possible with still keeping the building weather sealed ?

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.