greg_penn67

Changing layout to open plan

Greg Penn
9 years ago
Hi there,
I'm looking at a potential house purchase - a beautiful (but tired) Victorian terrace. It feels like the right layout for us because I could open it up without the additional expense of a side return extension in a more traditional terraced layout. My plan would be to keep the rooms where they are, but take down the walls between the lounge/kitchen and kitchen/diner. Ideally removing the l-shape out of the hallway too opening the space right up. They're solid walls so would require steels etc.
My plan then would be to have a large island extending into the dining area that would still have space for a table. do you think this would give enough worktop space and kitchen storage - as I'm obviously taking down the internal walls. Any alternative thoughts very welcome! It's my first project and we're currently renting so can't knock anything about and we crave a big, open space.

Thanks!
Greg

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.