united4ever

Blinds for Living Room Window and Storage Boxes

united4ever
9 years ago
Just bought a house and a couple of things we have decided we need are some blinds for the living room (not much privacy but don't want to lose light really). So links below are for the living room window. What do you think would work best? The seller just left those curtains which we don't really like. The bench seat will be staying. Want it to look quite smart from the outside too but probably would only be this window we would do but open to doing the other windows with blinds too if we like it.

imgur.com/3QUeLHs

imgur.com/KQ2wvvd

imgur.com/kFnML3q

Finally, I know it's hardly decision of the century smile but we have these IKEA PAX wardrobes. The ceiling height didn't allow us to get the full height wardrobes so we have this gap which we could really do with using for storage. Sounds trivial but cannot decide on some smart looking storage boxes. Nothing too busy or bright but don't mind a bit of colour. What would match these wardrobes though. Looking at 30cm maximum height and they are 3m runs of wardrobes in both bedrooms.

imgur.com/faOw2vD

imgur.com/Ms9zu2V

Really there's a lot we would like to do with the house but can only afford to do the little things at the moment which we hope can also make it better.

My wife likes shabby chic but sometimes I find it a bit too much and our house is far from shabby chicsmile so what would look good with those windows and those wardrobes pleasesmile Colour wise white is fine, maybe even green, pink or blue but open to ideas. Thanks a lot :)

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.