sarahkahn2

urgent kitchen and bathroom layout suggestions needed

Sarah Kahn
8 years ago

Hi guys,

Sorry to add on to the cries for design help, but since i've been hearing so much about the houzz community, I know that this is the right place for me to ask for some much needed help and guidance.

We've recently bought a flat that needs some refurb (by some, I mean a new kitchen and new bathroom).

Having never owned a place before, and definitely not renovated one, I am daunted by the task of deciding upon the final functional layout for the bathroom and kitchen which I will instruct the builders with.

Bathroom:

I just want ideas/suggestions/recommendation of how to plan the bathroom layout, as I know there is a more functional way to use the space unlike how its currently laid out. Everything in the bathroom is going to be removed (tiles, basin, toilet, shower) and new ones will be installed. We would like to keep the cost as low as possible, and hope to come up with ideas which do not require too much plumbing work - however, this might be dismissed if a absolutely brilliant idea comes up :)

I'm hoping you guys can help me with a layout that works, and which can also accommodate space for a washing machine, which cannot fit into the kitchen.

I've attached the floor plan of the flat that we've bought and also the pictures of the bathroom as it currently is (apologies for the offensive red paint- it was like that before i got there!).

There is a storage that is currently accessed via the bathroom, but we plan to put in sliding doors in the hallway instead, and seal off the storage door in the bathroom.

Kitchen:

There isn't a lot that can be changed, but we would like to fit a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, and of course an oven, in the tiny space that we have - any creative solutions for the kitchen will be much appreciated. To make the planning more difficult, there is a boiler that also needs to fit somewhere, and I have pointed out where in the picture it is currently hidden.

The kitchen is also being completely stripped out, and boiler being moved to wherever is more functional, but again i am in desperate need of some ideas/recommendation/referrals to whom can help.

We have the builders ready to do stuff (planning to start next week), but I am very unsure as to what to instruct them in regards to where the stuff should go!

Please help me! :(

(floor plan with measurements, in case anyone is interested)

Thank you for reading my long essay, and I hope someone can help- like I mentioned, we have the builders ready, but no plan to provide them with (once they're done with the basic plastering etc.).

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.