ish666

barn door style bipass doors for a closet

ish666
8 years ago

I am working on an idea for closet doors & wonder if anyone has seen anything like this used. I want to create 2 door way openings to a single closet (his & her sides) with a wall in the middle of the opening for the doors to slide to. My thought was that I would like to use the barn door style sliding doors (one mounted on the inside of the wall & the other on the outside) that would each slide towards the center wall instead of having them opening from the center out. I am not concerned about not being able to put furniture or anything on that wall. I am looking to create separation of the closet without creating separate closets entirely. The doors will be open most of the time so I like the idea that they "disappear" & don't take up floor space when not being use. I would love any links anyone has to pictures like this or pros & cons of my idea as well.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.