ghesp

Decorating our lounge - blank canvas

ghesp
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We've stripped our lounge right back, put in downlights and are now in a position to start painting, papering, designing and then furnishing.

What we're struggling with though is how to decorate it. We have a very modern refurbished house, and we want the light to fall in line with this. What we don't want though, is a clinical lounge - we want this to be a comforting place where we can dim the lights and keep that warm feeling.

We like it to be dark, yet at the same time light with the lighting - no bright colours etc please, and no magnolia! We'd also like to try and stay away from grey - our kitchen is white, with grey worktops, tiles and walls (LG French Pale Grey)

I know lighting plays a huge part, hence the downlights, but will also be adding floor lamp and table lamps. All ceiling lights are on dimmers.

Anything decoration wise is up for grabs, from the paint, paper, sofas, window covers etc. The only thing that can't be changed is the location of the sockets, the fire, carpet (a light brown/cream mix?) and the lighting.

Any suggestions - please ignore the current mess?

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.