tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 20th -Win a gold cutlery set by Within

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago

Need the midas touch in time for Christmas? Our Advent Calendar has got you covered with today's prize - a beautiful 24-piece gold cutlery set by Within!

To be in with a chance to win, vote and comment for your favourite metal! This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms of conditions here.

Gold
Silver
Brass
Copper
Other

Comments (92)

• redkez78
    8 years ago
    Copper to go with an industrial feel. But gold for Xmas!
  • Kel
    8 years ago
    Copper, as I like the warmth of the colour.
  • klwinters76
    8 years ago

Rose gold is my favourite. As a redhead, it suits my complexion.

• Maria Waters
    8 years ago
    Food tastes best when eaten with gold cutlery so gold gets my vote
  • mattiefan
    8 years ago

Copper!

• harrydimitri
    8 years ago

Copper? by way of a change.

• slookys
    8 years ago

I've never seen gold cutlery but I do have some vintage plates with gold trim and bohemian style glasses. Gold cutlery would look so impressive.

• Ali Parkin
    8 years ago
    I love using a combo of metals to create a vintage mismatch! Each have a place in my home!
  • PRO
    Yasmin Chopin Interior Design
    8 years ago
    Gold is glamorous but once I'd learned that white metals such as silver better suited my complexion there was no going back. Give me pewter, silver, white gold and platinum any day in the house or in my jewellery box!
  • Joanna Biddolph
    8 years ago

I love the gentle warmth of copper but best of all, for me, is to get a good match and with plates edged with gold, gold cutlery would add such glamour.

• Joanna Suszko
    8 years ago

Silver is classic and very difficult to get wrong. Whereas you have to be careful with gold as it may look great, but may also go to the cheap side...

• sayehhossainzafeh
    8 years ago
    gold has something that no other metal has;power!!!
  • Diane Barclay
    8 years ago

Gold is now very much back in fashion! I love the softness of this colour on the cutlery. It looks very elegant ! A great party focal point around the table!

• Zoe
    8 years ago

I do love a bit of copper - the industrial look is so in. I recently spray painted the insides of some pendant lighting to make our IKEA shades look a lot more expensive than they really are!

• Jasmin Iceton
    8 years ago

Silver for a sleek minimalist look!

• Eve
    8 years ago

Really love the different tones in copper. We've mix-and-matched with lots of different style knobs - all in copper - for our kitchen cupboards and really pleased with the effect, and the compliments from guests!

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Silver mostly. But you can't beat big bushy gold tinsel for Christmas! And if my little godson had his way, I'd have gold window frames, too! Not tasteful brushed brass, full on shiny metallic frames, sashes, sill...his tastes run to the "bling", lol

• mimiatno1
    8 years ago
    Gold works fantastically well with all the dark greens which are inevitably around at this time of year.
  • Emma Finlay
    8 years ago

I have a vague memory of seeing a science show (Darragh O'Briain hosting) which showed how and why gold cutlery brings out the taste of food most effectively! Also, the set of wedgewood serenity I inherited when my Mum passed away looks silly with anything except gold cutlery, but she lost hers in a move years ago so the crockery will stay in its tissue paper unless I get a big dose of luck here!

• Heena N
    8 years ago
    Definitely gold, unblemished and timeless..
  • gilliifer
    8 years ago

I love all metallics. Glitz and glamour

• Nate218
    8 years ago

Definitely gold. It is just such an enduring metal.

• coppicefarm
    8 years ago
    Gold gor cutlery - classy and hygenic. But waxed brass for non-food items as it has an old-workd look.
  • Anne Damasus
    8 years ago
    Gold is a classic colour that brings a touch of sophistication to everything. The way it glows beautifully especially during this festive period makes you smile.
  • cosetos
    8 years ago

Silver it is; however, on special occasions, gold cutlery give a sense of appropriateness to the setting. Happy Christmas Dinner everyone!

• Alex Evans
    8 years ago
    Brass is a classic and a welcome move forward from the trend for all things copper. It has more heart than gold and would look as fabulous outdoors in the Summer as taking centre stage on Christmas Day!
  • watsonjen
    8 years ago
    Gold cutlery is so hot right now! Perfect for a dinner party, or just for when you want to make your regular meal feel just a bit more special
  • joannemckeown1976
    8 years ago

Gold is classic and gorgeous!

• pencoo
    8 years ago
    How decadent- gold cutlery! I'd love it. My cutlery is now over 40 years old.
  • Vicky Jarvis
    8 years ago
    Diamonds are a girls best friend, but if that fails gold wins every time
  • sarkie
    8 years ago

It has to be Gold.

You always believe in your soul.

Because sometimes you have the power to know.

You're indestructible.

• Caroline Hang Hong
    8 years ago

eating a takeaway with gold cutlery - it's up there with always having champagne on your fridge

• katwel1
    8 years ago
    Silver is beautiful and goes with everything xxx
  • Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

Silver for cutlery. Copper in general, especially on roofs.

• elainec101
    8 years ago

white gold

• sianember
    8 years ago

Gold cutlery would be lovely for Xmas but I'd probably go for silver overall. I have some lovely Robert Welch tea spoons & they're a joy to use, they feel lovely in the hand - saving up for the rest of the dinner service......

• kilburn77
    8 years ago

The perfect gift. Only two other things could compete; frankincense and myrrh!

• kenna_murray
    8 years ago

Silver is best, it goes with anything

• BL H
    8 years ago
    Any colour, as long as I have a lovely new dining table...
  • arzuince
    8 years ago
    I love gold, it makes me feel much more sophisticated than I actually am!
  • Micheala Yelland
    8 years ago

copper for me but nice gift for friend

• PRO
  • Jane Bateman
    8 years ago
    I just love the different patinas that come with age and weathering.
  • Jane Bateman
    8 years ago
    Copper, I meant to write copper!!
  • M
    8 years ago
    Gorgeous
  • paddyart
    8 years ago

All that sparkles .....

• abigailbusy
    8 years ago
    GOLD, It's opulent, timeless and classy. No other metal comes close.
  • AMB
    8 years ago
    Have you selected a winner yet?
  • Caroline Hang Hong
    8 years ago
    Yes it was ME!
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.