greg_penn67

colour - should we continue the blue or go pale?

Greg Penn
8 years ago
Morning houzzers! we've finally got the paint on the ceiling, cornice and above picture rail (same in both rooms) and last night we got the first coat of colour on the wall in the living room end.. it's a beautiful inky indigo blue called 'dock blue' by little Greene... ceilings and all woodwork (wood not painted yet) is slaked lime.

the area currently still white will have a dining table in the bay window and then a kitchen island in the same blue, a wall of kitchen units along the wall with the chimney breast in a pale/mid grey. worktop on island is a honed white/grey granite. there's also a larder cupboard going on the opposite wall in grey.

the kitchen end is south facing and the windows are huge so its a lovely bright room with almost 12ft high ceilings.

the original plan was to use the slaked lime on the walls in the kitchen but now we've seen it on the living room we're not sure.. we don't want the space to feel disjointed.. and given there isn't much wall visible are we better continuing the blue to help the room flow!

we're novices.. and are flapping a bit so any help advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

many thanks

Greg and Amy

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.