jodg

Small main bathroom - should we move the wall?

jodg
8 years ago

Hi, we are having a loft conversion and the new stairs go through our main bathroom. This bathroom needs redoing. At the moment it has a bath over by the soil pipe along the long outside wall, a sink and toilet. We would really like a shower (separate) or shower bath.

We initially thought we would need to swap the sink and bath around (as shown in architects drawing) because of the reduction in head height from the stairs but we can actually keep the current layout.

However, we have now discovered there is very little room to put back the current door for the bathroom and we need to either move the wall with bedroom 4 (reducing that in size) or have a smaller door.

If we move the wall we could potentially move the bath along the exterior wall under the window.

The question is, is it worth moving the wall? Could we somehow fit in a separate shower as well as the bath if we did?

OH doesn't want shower under window as it gets window wet but I'm not sure of shower over the bath with bath on exterior wall as screen along bathside would overlap the window and we would either have to box out soil pipe all the way along or do something strange with screen along end of bath as well. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

Any ideas? We keep going round in circles!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.