sally_harrison68

Extension - how to use the space?

LTS
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi
This is the floorplan of the back of our house & current room sizes. The utility & playroom are not shown to scale on the plan. (At the front of the house is the living room, playroom, cloakroom, hallway & stairs).
We are going to knock the conservatory down & extend 6m out across the full width (planning permission required as the house already has a double story side extension). The house is s/w facing. We are semi-detached & the party wall is where the current kitchen is. I'd like to create a kitchen/diner/family room with ample space for 2 adults & 3 kids (aged 8, 5 & 5) & for entertaining. Also, a study or study area for when my husband works from home. How would you use this space? Ideally the kitchen (would like an island with 5 stools) could be placed in the extension next to the utility but there it could be harder seeing what the little bugg@rs are doing! Where the current kitchen/diner is may feel a bit dark so would put extra lighting there. The chimney in the kitchen is for the fire in the living room. Any ideas?

Many thanks :)

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.