aleksambridge

Extension Layout Advice - how would you use our space?!

Alex Smith
7 years ago

Hi all,

I have been using Houzz to get together interior design ideas for our renovation/extension, but I have never posted so here goes!

We have planning permission for a 4m double storey extension on the back of our house and i attach a rough picture of how we will use the ground floor of the property. The utility room is where the current tiny kitchen is, so we intend to use that as the utility and put a larger kitchen into the extended part, with an island. There will be a small window and two smallish roof windows in that end to give more light to the kitchen.

However, I am not sure if we should put the kitchen nearer the other end, where there is much more natural light from the french doors. What would you guys do?

Sounds silly, but now I am doubting our original plan! My husband thinks I've been looking at it too long and we should stick with our first plan!

Thanks for reading.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.