jeanne10

Dimensions? loft?

Jeanne
11 April, 2016
Hi,

This is a really awesome little living space. It's a great use of space. I love the folding door and how it opens it up.

What are the dimensions of this building?

Also, is that area above the kitchen a sleeping space?

Thanks,
portobello · More Info

peter nickels architects

Hi there,

The dimensions of the garden room (from beyond the end of the kitchen) are just 3m x 3.2m. So it is a pretty small space, but even when the doors are closed the room feels much bigger because of the glass on the two elevations to the garden. This was the big idea - to make it feel like the space was part of the garden itself. And when the doors are open, it actually is...

There is a small space above the high level kitchen units - this is just a shelf for storage of less frequently used kitchen equipment.

Hope this helps,

Peter

• Jeanne
    Peter,

Wow! Thanks for such a quick response!
    And wow, again, it looks much larger than that!
    I really love your use of space, so beautiful and functional!
    How much of the length is kitchen? Is it half?
    Jeanne
    peter nickels architects

Hi Jeanne,

The kitchen dimensions are 3m long x 2.5m wide. It is a galley kitchen with units along both walls. The circulation space between the counter tops is 1.3m wide.

portobello · More Info

Peter

• Jeanne
    Hi Peter,

Thank you! I so appreciate you response. I misunderstood.

Jeanne