tracytownermorrissey

White Paints - seriously stuck......

Hi all.... first of all thanks for your help with this!

I am just about to finish off a farmhouse we have rebuilt and the paint needs to go on the walls ASAP. Call it dull but I like white. I always have and I probably always will. However, I know there are so many out there and it is crucial to appreciate the natural light, lighting etc when choosing a white paint. My main fear is left to my own devices I will end up with something that will look yellow or too creamy. Here in lies the problem! The large kitchen, dinning and living room is north facing although it has quite a bit of glazing on the west with large windows, french doors and roof lights. There are also sliding doors on the North facing end. Then there is a more formal, south facing drawing room, a East facing snug and a West facing play room. These rooms are in the older part of the house and the window size is average. Then there are the bedrooms. Each one faces a different way and one is duel aspect (NS with a vaulted ceiling and exposed beams). Basically each room is different. I keep coming across Benjamin Moore whites; White Dove, Simply White, Cloud White, Cotton Ball etc. but they seem really had to come by in the UK. Does anyone have any equivalents or ideas? Many thanks in advance.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.