jenniferb1986

Reconfiguration of 2 bed victorian terrace

Jennifer
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are thinking of extending our 2 bed victorian terrace before we start a family. We would ideally like a three bed with a larger living area downstairs. I would really appreciate some help with design suggestions.

Our first thoughts are to convert the kitchen into a dining room and knock down the wall between that and the living room to make one big living area with french doors where the sink is currently. We therefore were thinking of putting the kitchen into the bathroom area, turning the stairs at the bottom to come out into the dining room and going straight up to create a new upstairs bathroom. This would make bedroom 2 smaller (need a landing) and no third bedroom.

Second thought was to extend into the side return and further into the courtyard garden to create a bigger kitchen (sideways), bathroom off the kitchen and third bedroom above. I'm not sure what the rules are with regards to having a bathroom off a kitchen and whether it would be pleasant.

Does anybody have a better design suggestion? Any help would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.