sfhildred

Sofa Colour... Go Bold or Neutral?

ShellbyFay
7 years ago

Our First Home · More Info

I don't even know where to start with this question.. I think it's a lot of questions rolled into one!

The space we have to work with is an open plan living, kitchen and dining space. We're unsure at the moment as to go for a more modern feel white gloss and oak furniture or more traditional solid oak furniture - but I feel (and maybe I'm wrong) we can help dictate our decision by deciding on a sofa colour.

Our colour scheme is grey, blue and orange. I am (or was originally) planning to add the blue and orange in with easily changeable things like accessories and wall colours.

I have attached a photo of our carpet choice (it is the light grey one). At first I thought a grey sofa would be nice because if our colour scheme changes the sofa won't necessarily need to be changed, but will the sofa blend in too much? The walls will be light grey too or a greyish-white! But my partner has suggested we go bold and get an orange sofa and I have to say im warming to the idea but the sensible side to me is screaming "noooo!"

What to do?

I think I'm over thinking this.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.