sjmidlands

Need help to improve kerb appeal and rear extension advice

Stuart
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The main house was built in 1917 with a flat roof 1970s extension. Further extensions 10 and 8 years ago have increased the living space however the layout could do with improving. Initial ideas are to carry on the single story extension all the way across the back of the house, using sliding doors and roof-lights. Any design ideas for this would be welcomed. Also, the front of the house needs improving to look better from the road. Apart from the obvious option of repainting has anybody got ideas to improve this. The existing render is a little bit patchy where the existing house joins the 1970s extension. One idea we thought of was to do a mansard on the flat roof but not sure how common these are now? Look forward to hearing suggestions.

Apologies for the pictures taken late evening!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.