kadams1010

My paint in the kitchen is peeling and flaking

kadams1010
7 years ago
Last August I paid for my kitchen to be renovated (this included a boiler being relocated from a bedroom back into the kitchen). unfortunately my builder took 3 weeks longer than anticipated and rushed the job at the end. The plastering on some walls was really poor (despite him coming back 5 times its still looks awful but we got to the point where he just wasn't coming back or returning calls). I could live with the poor plastering as it was only in certain lights but now I'm heartbroken to see that on every wall of my kitchen the paint is flaking off. The relationship with the builder gap broken down he will never come back and I don't have the energy to pursue him and he knows where I live etc and I don't know how nasty people can get. I would like advise from any Houzzers on her that can tell me if my choice of paint has caused the problems or if it's because the builder didn't seal the plaster before painting (I don't think he did). Despite not having the money to sort I think we'll have to pay someone to sand it all off and start again as with 2 young kids and working we just don't have the time our selves. The paint used is the little greene company intelligent matt (I was told it would be okay but feel maybe that's the cause?) or has it compounded the problem. what is the best way I can fix this?

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.