stripygoose

Need help choosing finish for external aluminium window sill

Gavin McFarland
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'm choosing what the aluminium window sill should look like on our new windows but I'm not sure how much it should protrude from the house and whether the sill should be capped or not.

At the moment our window sills are specced to be 75mm wide with 32mm protruding from the rendering of the house. I'm wondering if it would look better with a shorter sill and protruding less from the rendering, only by a 10-15mm or so. I'm also leaning towards being open and not capped.

Our windows will be a dark grey contemporary wooden windows with aluminium cladding and the walls of our house are rendered and painted white.

I'm look at these images for inspiration.

Bearing in mind that our windows will be against white render and not brick or wood. I feel like the open ends better because they don't feel 'fake', and have more of a form follows function principle.

What your thoughts are? Do you have a particular opinion about them?

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.