barrys157

Downstairs layout help - incl. kitchen

John Smith
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi all. The time has come to provide our builder with the final kitchen plan and downstairs layout.
I've shown 2 designs below that we have come up with.
Option 1 is open plan with small G shape to corner. Small bifolds to garden and dining space linking kitchen and living room. Door to top left will actually be closed off with more units to creates the G.
Option 2 with dividing wall and kitchen on other side. Island facing garden and full width bifolds. Dining space becomes smaller area to top left of pic. About 9x9.
Both have pros and cons, for instance we probably prefer kitchen 2 but are concerned about the dining space being in the corner and by putting that wall up it might spoil the flow/open plan opportunity.
What's everyone's thoughts? Open to a 3rd suggestion also!
Ps. The grey part is out of bounds as being used for Stairs, entrance hall and play room.

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.