danielwells0

Help needed please for living room makeover

7 years ago

We've recently moved into a new house and are looking for some advice and inspiration from fellow Houzzers before embarking on our living room makeover. the room measures approximately 3.9m x 5.3m and so far we have replaced the old sliding door to the garden with a bifold. Our plan is to refurb completely including renewing the fireplace, new sofas and fitting wall lights and downlights. The bifolds face to the east and generally it's a nice light room.

Really we're after people's thoughts on two fronts but would welcome any advice in general:

1. We're leaning towards painting the walls in a dark colour but are not 100% certain if this is the right way to go? We'd like to create a bit of impact and make the room feel a bit cosier.

2. Layout - currently it's ok but is there a better option ? We had thought of moving the tv to the other side of the fireplace to get away from the light coming in through the bifold but this then has a knock on effect with seating.

Some photos below of the existing (excuse the baby paraphernalia!):

Any comments most welcome!

Dan

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.