hzdeleted_18565319

Kitchen cupboard plan, where best for fridge freezer!

User
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi folks, I am looking for some advice! My kitchen plan is close to being finalised but I am thinking of making changes. I have attached picture of the plan below (please ignore the appliance layout on here, it's not up to date (and DW not in corner). At the moment, there is no natural space for a fridge freezer so it would be in the utility room just off the kitchen. I know this would be inconvenient for a lot of people but I am used to this set up and don't have a problem with it but of course, the ideal situation is that it has a place in the kitchen. I now have an idea for how it could be incorporated into main kitchen but I don't have the vision/confidence to know if this would be a mistake. You'll see on the plan that there is a pantry/cupboard directly across from patio doors at the dining side of the kitchen diner. This cupboard is about 2 metres long and is where I would have stored food. What if I housed an American style fridge freezer in here and had it surrounded by larder style cupboards - something like picture below but of course tailored to fit the space that I have. This would keep all food in one area of the kitchen and keep the utility room for the purpose that it is intended. I think that with tall larders I would still have enough food storage (maybe a 500mm and a 300mm with cupboards along the top) but would appreciate thoughts on this too. Is this a better use of the space than the large cupboard or not? I really appreciate the help in this forum but feel compelled to say that I am not looking for drastic redesign of the kitchen, I've had lots of advice on this forum before and have taken everything into account in sticking with the u-shape. Sorry for the long post!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.