lyndsey_wood7

Transition from rear to side extension

Lyndsey Wood
7 years ago
Hello all
We are planning on extending the rear of our property. It has a small extension and side extension done by previous owners. The first pic is our current rear elevation.
We were hoping to do a wrap around like in pic 2. However there is a manhole cover in the ground outside the side extension. We are trying to think of how we can ensure that both extensions transition into one another rather than looking like two add ons. We prefer traditional style to modern so would rather have a pitch to extension roof rather than flat roof. We have thought about wrapping the roof around but leaving that corner exposed as like a BBQ area so we're not building over the manhole, but not sure if that would look strange? Any ideas very much appreciated!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.