christal99

Teal & Grey Colour Scheme For Lounge Help Needed

christal99
7 years ago
Hello. Hoping somebody can help with choosing a colour scheme for the lounge. Walls painted in Purbeck Stone & Skimming Stone. The sofa is supposed to be a pale grey (sable is it's actual name) but to me it looks more on the warm side dependant on the light, whereas I would've preferred a cold grey, but I can't change it now as its brand new. The floors are quite a warm oak colour. I want to try and make the room base look grey as that was what I was originally aiming for, but with some rich jewel colours like teal (mainly) with a splash of purple or fuchsia thrown in, in the way of accessories - and this is what I am struggling with. The only other bits of furniture I have at the moment to go in the lounge are a black glossy console table with 2 x tall black & nickel column lamps and a square bevelled mirror above, and a set of mirrored cube nesting tables. I've attached all photos. I am buying a 5 arm lamp see photo attached to go behind the sofa in the corner to fill that space. I love the polished copper best but not sure whether chrome would be better with the colours I already have. Pleased could somebody help me with ideas for cushion colours (I like textures e.g. Silk, velvet, fur etc) wall art, rug, standing lamp and if it's OK to mix metals?

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.