pdl130l

Sloped bank to a useable garden!

Paul Lavender
7 years ago

Just thought I would show others that with a little inspiration from sites such as Houzz, anyone can transform space etc to something you can enjoy and be useable. Our house is built on a slope and we have two large decked areas at the rear of the house. Not really used as the house blocks the sun! However, thankfully we had this area ...

Very steep driveway leading to a garage (that has been converted to a room), and a grassed area that sits on top of a bank (below).

The front of the property has a low level, red brick wall effect...

So, not only did we want a useable driveway but also make use of the land (as its south facing).

Raised platform starting to go in with the retaining wall next to it to form our "zen" garden.

Start of the cedar fence.

Cedar fence finished with the astro turf laid. Back wall built for "water fall" feature with troff below.

Feature wall tiles from UK Feature Walls. Covered gas fire pit (not yet finished!). We planted real plants in but also added some fake ones. I know, a lot of cedar! But matching cedar benches were put in. Basically, standard 4" x 4" posts used for strength then cladded with cedar. All treated with a cedar oil from Treatex.

We used a local builder to complete work, Gates and Fences UK for the sliding gate, front railings and automation and UK Feature Walls for the tiling behind the water feature.

In the end... a useable driveway and a sunny garden!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.