chrislaird83

Bigger bathroom v 4th bedroom?

Chris L
7 years ago
Hi everyone.

We have plans done for a double storey extension to the side of our 1930s semi. As you will see from the design, the first floor will be reconfigured to have 3 decent sized double bedrooms with master suite at the back of the house with dressing area leading into en-suite.

However, on reflection, we have decided to incorporate a 4th bedroom instead of the luxury of en-suite - mainly for resale value. So we have two options:
1. Use the full area currently designed for dressing area and en-suite for a decent sized single room.
2. Use the dressing area only to create a box bedroom and use the majority of en-suite space to make the family bathroom bigger.

So it essentially comes down to what is more important - a bigger family bathroom or bigger 4th bedroom?

Any thoughts welcomed!

Thanks
Chris

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.