abojeva

Help picking a hardwood floor - engineered vs. hardwood!

Alex B
7 years ago

Hello everyone. I had posted here recently about my quartz and now I need your advice on hardwood. Essentially I should have asked earlier but...We had really like engineered hardwood floor for our new house. Starting to read now, essentially I am terrified of all these horror stories that one minor spill and it is done. Problem is, we have to pick from what is available in the design center and there is not much in terms of colors that we want. We had settled on this : http://www.vintageflooring.com/ENG/hardwood-flooring-white-oak-nautilus-hand-scraped/

It goes perfectly with my walnut cabinets and we adore it. However, we don't even have kids yet and I cannot worry about every time a droplet of water falls to the floor. Any advice/suggestions are welcome...what would be close to this but in real hardwood? Is this even possible? Any advice will be much much appreciated!

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.