catmason

Anthracite Grey or White Windows?! Please help!

catmason
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi, tomorrow the builders are in to basically demolish our downstairs so the space we have is more usable big rooms rather than more of little or odd sized rooms. Needless to say, windows are being moved and added as is the front door.

The problem I have is deciding window & door colour - we had decided to go for grey with internal white and then all house would be rendered (really like the modern contempary look), but our roof, which has a high apex and also roofed porch is a dark brown tile. (a lot of roof visible from front of house!)

Would modern grey windows make the roof look horrendous?!? And then money we have spent on new windows and render be wasted as roof would look out of place?(we don't like the roof, but can't afford to replace at the moment with other works going on!)

should I stick to white as a "safe option".

Opinions would be grateful received :)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.