smita_pullela

Why don't I see my neighbour's extension in the Location Plan?

smita_pullela
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We moved into our house less than six months ago. I was looking up online the planning applications approved on my street to get an idea of what the council seemed to allow. All the applications have a document called Location Plan which seems to show the outline (aerial sketch) of most of the houses on my street including mine. My neighbour has a single floor extension coming right up to the boundary wall along the length of his house. We both live in detached houses. I heard from someone that our council (Bromley) discourages detached home owners to build extensions right up to the boundary wall to prevent 'terraced effect'. I also happened to notice that this extension my neighbour did, which is self-build done many years ago, does not seem to figure in any of the Location Plan documents. So how could he have managed to get a planning permission and why does it not show in the most recent location plan which was dated May 2016? Any thoughts?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.